WARD, FLOWERS, LAWSON lines


Original post published 19th June 2008 on my blog http://genemeet.blogspot.co.uk/

Further to my post on the 17th I received this message from one of my contacts Yvonne Parker a relation of my husband from his FLOWERS line.
"I have just been looking at your blog, having just returned from holiday and saw your 17th June entry regarding the Flowers/Lawson connections to the Gadsby line.
Joseph Flowers (b1855) married Elizabeth Lawson (b 1857) in 1875, the marriage was registered in Newark. They had four children as far as I am aware - Edith Ann 1875 - 1881, Sarah Ellen b 1877, Eliza 1879 - 1882 and Louisa b 1880. The family were in Freeby, Leicestershire on the 1881 census but little Eliza's death was registered in 1882 in Sleaford.
The connection with your Gadsby line comes from the fact that Joseph Flowers was the eldest son of John Flowers 1828 - 1913 whose parents were William Flowers and Rebecca Lawson."

Edward Ward the son of Richard Ward and Mary Gray married Ann Ellen Lawson in the Newark district in the Dec quarter of 1875 according to the GRO indexes.
Anne's sister is Elizabeth Lawson who married Joseph Flowers.

Interestingly Mary Gray was born in Marston which is where Eliza the daughter of William Flowers and Rebecca Lawson was born.
I will let you know if I find out more about any Lawson connection.

Comments

Popular Posts