Release of 1911 Census on Find My Past


Original post published 12th January 2009 on my blog http://genemeet.blogspot.co.uk/

My first blog for this new year has to be about the long awaited release of the 1911 census.
I was able to take advantage of the beta release over the Christmas period and managed to find some of the family.
Not all of the counties I wanted were available but I found some of the family.
Tonight I was able to find the WARD family from Norfolk as Lincolnshire was available.
They had moved to Stamford which I had suspected when I was unable to find them in Norfolk.
Now I will send for the death certificate I had found in Stamford in 1917 as it is likely to be for Charles Henry WARD who I know died before 1920 when his wife Eliza remarried.
I have found 3 more sons for this couple and they also had 2 children that had died who had not made it to any census.
If you have not had chance to view the 1911 census then I suggest you do the images are not cheap but they are your relative's own handwriting and they tell us more than any of the earlier censuses have done.

As a postscript to this I still have to determine who the missing children were as they did not appear in any census.

Comments

Popular Posts